Nov. 17, 2020
1. Keep the material warehouse clean and well-drained, away from harmful gas or dust. Weeds and all debris should be removed on the field, and the steel should be kept clean.
2. Do not stack it with acid, alkali, salt, cement, and other corrosive materials in the warehouse. Different types of steel should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and contact corrosion.
3. Large section steel, rails, steel plates, large-diameter steel pipes, forgings, etc. can be stacked in the open air.
4. Small and medium-sized steel bars, wire rods, steel coil, medium-diameter steel pipes, steel wires, and wire ropes, etc, can be stored in a well-ventilated material shed but must be topped and bottomed.
5. Some small steels, thin steel plates, steel strips, silicon steel sheets, small-caliber or thin-walled steel pipes, various cold-rolled and cold-drawn steels, and high-priced and easily corrosive metal products must be placed in the warehouse.
6. Pay attention to ventilation on sunny days, close it to prevent moisture on rainy days, and always maintain a suitable storage environment.
1. The principle of stacking is to stack according to varieties and specifications under the conditions of stable stacking and safety. Different types of materials must be stacked separately to prevent confusion and mutual corrosion.
2. It is forbidden to store items that are corrosive to steel near the stacking position.
3. The bottom of the stack should be high, firm, and flat to prevent the material from being damp or deformed.
4. The same materials are stacked separately according to the order of storage, which is convenient to implement the principle of first-in-first-mover.
5. For the section steel stacked in the open, there must be wooden mats or slabs underneath, and the stacking surface should be slightly inclined to facilitate drainage, and the materials should be placed flat and straight to prevent bending and deformation.
6. The stacking height should not exceed 1.2m for manual operations, 1.5m for mechanical operations, and 2.5m in stack width.
7. There should be a certain passage between the stack and the stack, and the inspection channel is generally 0.5m, the access channel depends on the size of the material and the transportation machinery, generally 1.5～2.m.
8. Elevate the bottom of the stack. If the warehouse is on the cement floor of the morning sun, elevate 0.1m is enough; if it is muddy, it must be raised by 0.2～0.5m. If it is an open field, the cement floor shall be elevated by 0.3～0.5m, and the sand and mud surface shall be elevated by 0.5～0.7m
9. The angle steel and channel steel stacked in the open air should be laid down, that is, the mouth should be facing down, the I-beam should be placed upright, and the I-slot surface of the steel should not be facing up to avoid rusting due to accumulation of water.
1. Before the materials are put into the warehouse, they should be prevented from being rained or mixed with impurities. The materials that have been exposed to rain or contaminated should be cleaned by different methods according to their properties, such as high-hardness steel wire brushes, low-hardness cloth, cotton.
2. The materials should be checked frequently after they are put into storage. If there is rust, the rust layer should be removed.
3. After the surface of general steel is cleaned, it is not necessary to apply oil, but for high-quality steel, alloy thin steel plate, thin-walled pipe, alloy steel pipe, etc., after rust removal, the inner and outer surfaces need to be coated with anti-rust oil before storage.
4. It is not suitable for long-term storage after derusting the steel with severe corrosion, and should be used as soon as possible.
Previous article: None
Next article: None
+86 137 5214 4288
+86 22 5888 9285 ext.606